23 October 2013

October

The month of October has been a frenzy of activity. I find myself believing that I did things the day before or just last week before coming to the conclusion that they were actually weeks, and sometimes even a month, ago. I find myself busier than ever before, and I love it. I now find myself doing the research and learning that I have waited years to do.

So far, October has been a good month. In addition to working in Kansas, I managed to sleep away for a long weekend and visit Caroline in Louisiana. She then quickly whisked me away to Alabama, where we went camping at Gulf State Park. We explored the white sand beaches and coastal pine savannas before returning back to Louisiana together. It was a fun couple of days.

A Northern Mockingbird (Mimus polyglottos) defending its territory from another nearby mockingbird. These boisterous birds were calling throughout the night, much to our chagrin.

Caroline Bath walking down the beach in Gulf Shores, Alabama. She was pretending to be a Sanderling.

Also of note, I finally locked down my plans for November. Come the 17th, I will be on my way to Malabo, Equatorial Guinea, to do a scouting trip of the country! If all goes according to plan, I will return in the near future. Feel free to check out our Facebook page to find out more about our survey expedition! I will also be updating my blog about the trip when I come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment