29 September 2013

Surviving the Semester

The semester so far at KU has been hectic to say the least. I work as a lab TA, and am trying to get started on my master's thesis project. At the same time, I'm organizing future research trips, future visiting my girlfriend trips, and surviving classes of my own. That being said, it has probably been one of the greatest semesters of my life.

I'm beginning to make good friends, enjoying my time at KU immensely, and starting to see the bright prospects of future research and work in ornithology.

I do not, however, have any particular to report, as I have been trapped by academia, so I will share some of the few pictures I have managed to take in my free time. Enjoy!

A migrant Buff-breasted Sandpiper checking us (Michael Anderson and myself) out on the mudflats at Clinton Lake State Park, Kansas.
Caroline showing off our beautiful campsite in Indian Cave State Park, Nebraska. The surprisingly cold night was accented by multiple territorial Barred Owl pairs caterwauling all night, innumerable Boy Scouts wandering around (some of whom thought I was a ranger because, as they said, "he's got a truck,") and one each of Great Horned Owl and Eastern Screech-Owl singing early in the morning.

That's all for now, but more should be coming in the very near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment