29 July 2009

A Post for the End of July

I know it has been too long since I last posted, and I apologize. I have been conducting Colorado Breeding Bird Atlas work for the White River National Forest in the Hunter-Fryingpan, Maroon Bells-Snowmass, and Holy Cross Wilderness Areas as well as a few other locations. I was also doing the amazingly fun activity known as 'data entry.' However, I did manage to get one life bird this month (thanks to Andrea Robinsong): an ALDER FLYCATCHER in Gunnison County! The bird, one of two located by Micheal O'Brien, was on the side of Highway 50 with a Willow Flycatcher, offering a good comparison. I am off in a few days to go to Arizona with Jason Beason, and will post after that. Until then, I will leave you with a parting shot of a Pika, perhaps one of my favorite creatures residing in Colorado.

1 comment:

  1. Cool - did you guys find the Black Swifts at Winn Falls?? The suspense is killing me. :)

    By the way, I remember where we met now: I was heading out of Florida Canyon this winter while you and Andrew Spencer were heading in.

    Cheers,
    John Yerger
    john@adventurebirding.com

    ReplyDelete